History of the Willard Fire Protection District
1954 - Willard Community Fire Department Founded
First Fire Chief - Lawrence Sheppard
The Department Started As Four (4) Volunteers And Quickly Grew
1988 - Became The Willard Fire Protection District As It Is Known By Today (tax levy passed)
2012 - The First Paid Personnel Were Hired (second tax levy passed)
2015 - The New Multi-million Dollar Headquarters And Station Moved Into
2015 - The First Custom Fire Engine Was Purchased And Delivered
Current - Thirty-five (35) Firefighters
Current Fire Chief - Kenneth Scott
Original archive video of 1954 fire engine and volunteer firefighters training.
Original archive video of 1954 fire engine and volunteer firefighters training. (short version)
History Museum Gallery
Within our new headquarters we have a history museum dedicated to firefighters and the history of the Willard Community Fire Department, now the Willard Fire Protection District. Here you will see the original 1954 fire engine and other memorabilia. Come by to visit the museum at no charge.